Sunday, May 12, 2013

Blog 24: Exit Interview Questions

Content:  
(1) What is your essential question?  What is the best answer to your question and why?
What is key to completing a marathon as an intermediate runner? My best answer is running 8+ miles once a week for 6 months. I felt this was a good answer because in order to run a long distance race you have to adjust your body to the long distance. You cant just go out and run 26 miles with out doing it before hand. According to all training book I read it was important to have at least one long run per week. My mentor also told me that training long miles will increase your stamina and will eventually help improve your overall time. I felt like this answers my EQ the best because it directly effects the marathon aspect, as well as the intermediate runner aspect.
 
(2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer?
Over the summer I worked at Run With Us, I knew I was going to mentor there because this was the place my whole running career began. I bought my first pair of shoes from this store and I met a lot of runners through working at this store. Once the year started I began working with other coaches and was able to get more advise from them. I was training all through summer and winter. When January came around I participated in my first marathon and did my first independent component. From there I was able to read more books focused on diet to see if that could affect my answers. I found a few aspects that were important to answering my questions but over all i didnt find it to be my best answer.   
 
(3) What problems did you face?  How did you resolve them?
I had some issues with going to my mentorship place because it was located so far. It was difficult for me to go often so i tried to go whenever i could get a ride out there. I found carpooling to be more effective. I also found that it was very expensive. Parking in pasadena is very hard to find, and cost money. I was able to resolve this by getting dropped off and getting carpools.
 
(4) What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why?
My two most significant sources are the book Marathon by Jeff Galloway, and Adrian Aguilar my mentor. My book was very helpful because it gave background information on running and it sets you up with the basic information. Both my sources supported my best answer. My mentor knows me and has my best interest at heart so he was able to give me both tips that specifically help me and generally help all runners. He also works at the place where I mentor and I was able to get really good information from the people who go through the store since they are all different level runners.

(5) What is your product and why?
Through my senior year I began to find a final product. Through this project I was able to discover a potential career in physical therapy or sports medicine. I discovered how many people actually get injured while running and how the repetition affects someones health. I also have the ability to run a marathon and train myself in order to complete a marathon with out getting injured. I hope to complete more marathons in the future and possibly the Goof again.

No comments:

Post a Comment