Tuesday, May 14, 2013

3

Disney world goofy marathon

I had never been to disney world or ran a marathon so it was definitely a weekend of firsts. Since Florida is on the east coast there was a 3 hour time difference. The day of the race I work up at 3 am. Because we had to be at the starting line by 5. I got ready hopped on a bus to the starting area and tried not to fall asleep. When we got there we checked in our race bags and started walking toward the starting line. Unfortunately it was a mile walk from where the bus dropped us off to where the actually race started. It was so dark since the sun had not come out yet. Finally we could see the starting line, and a stage with Mickey and goofy announcing each corral. Firework lit the morning sky and we were on our way.

Through out the course characters we standing bye to take pictures with you. It was probably the most fun race I'd ever ran. Everything was new and amazing. Being able to see the rides and parks the way no one else has. Of course there were some boring parts, like running from park to park. But once you got inside the park it was like a whole new world.

It was long and it was work but it was fun. I'm not sure if I'd ever do another because the training is very time consuming. But I will continue running halves. If I ever run another marathon I'd love to do the goofy again because its a very full filing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment